[Openid-specs-heart] Persistence of Credentials

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Tue Jun 30 00:06:56 UTC 2015

Either they are going to trust the guy who provides the antecedent claim or they are going to revalidate the credentials he\she happened to capture at the start of each transaction.

If the relying party is going to revalidate the credential there isn’t much point in using the antecedent concept.  We are just trusting the provider to store the credentials he collected and present them for us to validate again.

I would argue that historically providers have trusted other providers to sufficiently ID Proof patients that they have a common care delivery relationship with and it is up to the doc to decide if he trust the other doc to do it electronically or not.

That way you only do additional credentialing for the transactions that require it (but not when the purpose is for Treatment between two docs or to communicate with the consumer) hence keeping the overall cost down using the ability to remotely identity proof when the use case requires (self referral for telemedicine, allowing a remote proxy access to a consumer account, presenting medical evidence for beneficiary claims, sharing medical records with insures for life insurance qualification, etc.).

Aaron Seib, CEO

(o) 301-540-2311

(m) 301-326-6843