[Openid-specs-heart] Persistence of Credentials

Aaron Seib aaron.seib at nate-trust.org
Mon Jun 29 23:05:04 UTC 2015

Glen – can you help me understand what you are asking.

Should HEART have a constraint on persistence of end-user credentials.

Maybe I am being captain obvious here or I am really stupid (or I am procrastinating on a writing assignment I was giving that isn’t jumping out of my head the way I wish it would) but why on earth would we be considering the persistence of user attributes in this domain?

Not only do many of the attributes\credentials you list change over time there is no reason that I can imagine why we need to store such information at a EMR\PHR when we have modern credential management processes.

Again, ready for my beating as I wasn’t on the call and am procrastinating on a writing assignment.  J

Are there proponents of this idea?  It just seems like another place for sensitive data to be breached from to me.  The only reason you might do it is that it is a convenience to the consumer and he granted you permission to store it, right?  I wouldn’t call that a credential anymore.  I might be using the language differently.

Aaron

Aaron Seib, CEO

(o) 301-540-2311

(m) 301-326-6843