[Openid-specs-heart] HEART Use Case: Alice Enrolls with PCP

Kinsley, William BKinsley at nextgen.com
Thu Jun 18 18:50:01 UTC 2015

This use case specifically includes the smart phone to introduce a common two-factor authentication process. As Justin said earlier, this and all the other use cases can be used to branch off into modified versions.

Specifically I wanted to address three points:

1)   There are two different RP where one is designated by Alice as her single point of truth for her medical record.

2)   Each system has implemented different levels of:

a.      Identity Proofing.

b.     Identity Verification.

c.      Credentialing and Authentication.

3)   Which lead to the discussion of how the two systems (AS and RP) manage the trust relationship to support Alice's ability to use single sign on (SSO).

a.      Upgrading Alice's weaker Identity Proofing and verification trust level from her PHR based on the PCP registration process (In person and government issued photo ID vs. simple email).

b.     Allow the PCP's system to authenticate Alice using her stronger two factor credential and authentication process provided by her PHR system.

Bill