[Openid-specs-heart] HEART Use Case: Alice Enrolls with PCP

Debbie Bucci debbucci at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 11:17:11 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Maxwell, Jeremy (OS/OCPO) <
Jeremy.Maxwell at hhs.gov> wrote:

> Is a smart phone necessary for the use case work flow?  What about folks
> that don’t have smart phones?  What about folks that don’t have a cell
> phone?

According to PEW report in 2014 90% of adults have cell phones today  75%
of them are smartphones.  I'd say for this use case - its pretty close to
the 80/20 rule
http://www.pewinternet.org/data-trend/mobile/cell-phone-and-smartphone-ownership-demographics/

Certainly there are issues to deal with using cell (lost, stolen, replaced)
an even short term alternatives must be available.  What about use of
tablets and other *mobile devices?*.   I'd dare to say that a significant
number of those unable to use a cell phone - will have a delegate to stand
in their stead.