[Openid-specs-heart] Taking Privacy engineering to HEART

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Tue May 5 19:59:21 UTC 2015

It's 2015 and HEART has benefit of Principles, Objectives and Requirements:

- NIST is providing the Privacy Engineering Objectives;
- NIST is also providing the NSTIC Principles;
- State laws have codified some Fair Information Practice Principles 40
decades ago - which are still ignored for being "too hard" to implement in
practice;
- The largest of private corporations, Apple, has introduced privacy-based
Requirements such as pairwise pseudonimity (HealthKit, ApplePay), and
"Apple will not see your data" and "ResearchKit is open source software"
into some of their product lines;
- EU regulators are codifying privacy practices as fast as they can and
challenging the U.S. sectoral regulation model at a time when people have a
growing choice of where to host their information services.

Regardless what we call the list that I introduced, I submit to you that
something like it could serve as an engineering framework for our profiles.
I'm hoping it can drive our consensus faster and make HEART relevant from a
cross-sectoral, human perspective.

Adrian