[Openid-specs-fapi] Meeting Notes 2016-06-06
nat at sakimura.org
Fri Jun 17 19:09:36 UTC 2016
Dear FAPI WG members:
Terribly sorry to have taken so long to send this meeting note midst my
If you find anything needing correction, please let me know.
Financial API (FAPI) Working Group Meeting
DATE: 2016-06-06 9:06AM - 9:50AM CDT
LOCATION: New Orleans Marriot 3rd floor + GoToMeeting.
* Nat Sakimura - Chairman, OpenID Foundation
* Don Thibeau - Executive Director, OpenID Foundation
* Rob Laurence - Innovate Identity
* Steve Greenberg - Independent Consultant
* Henrik Biering - Peercraft
* Nov Matake - OpenID Foundation Japan
* Bertrand Carlier - Solucom
* Mike Jones - Microsoft
* George Fletcher - AOL
* John Bradley - Ping Identity
* Adam Dawes - Google
* Brian Berliner - Symantec
* Tony Nadalin - Microsoft
* Lydia Vasquez - PayPal
* Dale Olds - VMWare
* Masanori Kusunoki- Yahoo! Japan
* Tom Smedinghoff - Locke Lord
* Doug Foiles - Intuit
* Mike Leszcz - OIDF & OIX
Selection of Note Taker
Adoption of Charter
Selection of Co-Chair
Spec Development Strategy
Nat Sakimura called the meeting to order at 9:06AM CST.
This was the inaugural OpenID Foundation Financial API (FAPI) Working
NOTE WELL – IPR AGREEMENT
Reason for the IPR Agreement - to make sure that the end specification
is completely open and not encumbered by patent protected contributions.
ADOPTION OF CHARTER
* Charter link- openid.net/wg/fapi
* Nat reviewed the draft Charter.
* One thing is out of scope - web payment. Need to liaise with W3C Web
* Email is the primary vehicle for working group communication but
there will still be regular monthly conference call for status checks.
The working group will schedule face-to-face meetings when convenient
adjacent to other industry events.
* Nat opened the call to solicit any changes to the draft FAPI WG
Charter was adopted unanimously.
SELECTION OF CHAIR
Nat Sakimura is the acting working group chair.
Tony Nadalin from Microsoft and Anoop Saxena from Inuit have indicated
interest in being a co-chairs.
The FAPI Working Group unanimously selected Nat Sakimura (NRI), Tony
Nadalin (Microsoft) and Anoop Saxena (Intuit) as co-chairs of the FAPI
Global participation creates meeting scheduling issues.
Alternating working group call schedule:
* (2) calls a month.
* (1) US/AsiaPac time and (1) US/EU time.
The FAPI Working Group meeting schedule to be posted to the working
Exact schedule is to be worked out in the mailing list.
SPEC DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY
* Nat proposed that the WG should consider the UK Open Banking Standard
(OBS) schedule as it relates to the FAPI WG spec development. The
release dates proposed by OBS are:
* Release 1 - January 2017
* Release 2 - March 2017
* Release 3 - March 2018
* Release 4 - March 2019
* FAPI WG should beat the deadline enough to be adopted there.
* The Open Banking Standard suggests HAL, Swagger, and RAML.
* Nat recommended HAL for defining the interaction between endpoints,
and Swagger for defining the interaction to an endpoint, for now.
* Swagger: http://swagger.io / 
* HAL: http:// stateless.co/hal_specification.html 
* While historically we have been using IETF language, since we need
to consider this to be submit to ISO/TC68 at a later date, it would be
better to use ISO language described at http ://
THE FAPI WORKING GROUP MAY WISH SUBMIT TO ISO/TC68
* ISO/TC68 is the maintainer of ISO 20022 Payment message catalogue.
* https://www.iso20022.org / 
ESTABLISH RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ISO/TC68 FINANCIAL SERVICES
* To be discussed further at the OIDF board meeting on June 6, 2016.
* Mike Jones made the point that submission to ISO would be down the
road once the specification has been developed.
* Tony Nadalin asked if the plan is to get the entire spec through ISO
or just registering the spec with ISO? Nat suggested that would be
RECRUITMENT OF OTHER MEMBERS
* North America
* Latin America
Intuit is going to contribute Durable Data API (DDA) to the FAPI Working
* Currently being used by US financial institutions.
* Nat reviewed the spec - very US-centric and needs to be
internationalized but it is a good starting point otherwise.
Nat concluded the FAPI Working Group meeting at 9:50AM CST.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OIDF_Financial API Working Group_Meeting Minutes_2016-06-06.docx
Size: 20040 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Openid-specs-fapi