[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #436: Change grant_management_action "update" to "add" or "append" (openid/fapi)

Jacob Ideskog issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Aug 30 11:26:53 UTC 2021

New issue 436: Change grant_management_action "update" to "add" or "append"
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/436/change-grant_management_action-update-to

Jacob Ideskog:

In order to clarify what is meant in section 3.4 with regards to updating the details of a grant using `grant_management_action` we propose to change the keyword from “update” to “add” or possibly “append”.

It doesn’t seem possible to do an update that removes privileges \(which is possible with “replace”\) and supporting proper update would require semantics to be added for each data point to describe how it should be updated \(i.e. delete, replace ..\) inside the update request.

Therefore we suggest that we tighten the keyword to avoid confusion or incorrect assumptions.

‌