[Openid-specs-fapi] External : Re: External : Re: External : FW: OBE JWS Profile - Version 0.10b for Approval

Freddi Gyara Freddi.Gyara at openbanking.org.uk
Tue Sep 22 16:44:02 UTC 2020

RFC 7797 was referenced for the b64 claim.

Considering that:
(i) Library support is poor and
(ii) Its not really required for detached signatures as stated in RFC-7515 Appendix F,

we removed it from the standard.

The ETSI draft has the b64 back in there (possibly because they forked the OBIE standard at some point). Our experience with the ecosystem indicates that we should eliminate it