[Openid-specs-fapi] [OAUTH-WG] Issuers, Discovery Docs & Brands

Vladimir Dzhuvinov vladimir at connect2id.com
Wed May 20 15:07:57 UTC 2020

Hi Dave,

In the absence of such a "multi-brand" spec we have tackled this issue
in the past by letting the "brand" be encoded in the client_id. An
alternative scenario is to do a "brand" lookup by client_id. Then let
the AS render the "branded" authZ endpoint.

You're probably aware the mTLS spec is allowing for endpoint aliases, so
this is not the first time such as need has occurred:

One could devise a similar JSON object with mappings "label" -
"authorization_endpoint".

Clients that are aware of the new spec will look it up, those that are
not will fall back to the std "authorization_endpoint".

Speaking of mTLS, I'm not sure how the "mtls_endpoint_aliases" can be
sensibly combined with the proposed multi-brand spec.

Vladimir