[Openid-specs-fapi] External : Open Banking NG

Chris Michael Chris.Michael at openbanking.org.uk
Wed Oct 30 16:35:43 UTC 2019

Hi Anders

The OBIE example below is where all non-essential steps are removed from a redirect authentication. This solves some use cases but, as you state, is notb as good as Apple Pay, especially in a Point of Sale scenario. It would however work for an app-app (e.g. online purchase via a mobile app) scenario.

As I am sure you are away, the CIBA standard we developed with/by FAPI WG members does allow much better UX which gets closer to Apple Pay. This is also included in the OBIE standard. However, no ASPSPs are implementing this yet, as it has not been specifically required by any regulators at this time.

Here is a working demo of one of the 4 x supported CIBA flows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXiRhCAYRCE

I like your concept below, however creating additional TPP roles may take some time for the industry to get to grips with

Chris Michael
Head of Technology

+44 7767 372277
http://www.openbanking.org.uk