[Openid-specs-fapi] Title change of Part 1 and Part 2.

Rob Otto robotto at pingidentity.com
Thu Oct 24 15:50:56 UTC 2019

Hi folks. I agree that we should definitely re-look these names!

I must admit, to me it was not immediately clear how "substantial" and
"high" related to one another since there is no natural ordering of these
terms in English. Turns out that "high" should be interpreted as more
secure than "substantial" but that wasn't clear to me on first reading. Is
this just me, or do others find the same thing?

Best regards
Rob

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 16:34, Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-fapi <

> Hi
>
> Back in the IIW, I discussed with Torsten about the potential title
> change of Part 1 and Part 2. Currently, they are Read Only and
> Read&Write respectively but there are cases where the read only data is
> very sensitive while write operation is not of high value.
>
> Thus, we agreed that the current name may not be representing the real
> intention: Medium and High security profile respectively.
>
> During the discussion, we came up with the name:
>
> - Substantial (for Part 1)
> - High (for Part 2)
>
> It follows eIDAS marking.
>
> More details are recorded in the ticket #271.
>

> https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/271/rename-and-adjust-fapi-profiles
>
> The participants in the Oct. 9 call all agreed to it.
> This mail is to solicit wider opinions on it.
>
> Please let us know of your opinions.
>
> Best,
>
> Nat Sakimura
> Chair, FAPI WG.

<https://www.pingidentity.com>[image: Ping Identity]
<https://www.pingidentity.com>
Rob Otto
EMEA Field CTO/Solutions Architect
robertotto at pingidentity.com

c: +44 (0) 777 135 6092
Connect with us: [image: Glassdoor logo]
<https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Ping-Identity-EI_IE380907.11,24.htm>
[image:
LinkedIn logo] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/21870> [image: twitter
logo] <https://twitter.com/pingidentity> [image: facebook logo]
<https://www.facebook.com/pingidentitypage> [image: youtube logo]
<https://www.youtube.com/user/PingIdentityTV> [image: Google+ logo]
<https://plus.google.com/u/0/114266977739397708540> [image: Blog logo]
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/blog.html>
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.pingidentity.com/content/dam/ping-6-2-assets/Assets/faqs/en/consumer-attitudes-post-breach-era-3375.pdf?id%3Db6322a80-f285-11e3-ac10-0800200c9a66&source=gmail&ust=1541693608526000&usg=AFQjCNGBl5cPHCUAVKGZ_NnpuFj5PHGSUQ>
<https://www.pingidentity.com/en/events/d/identify-2019.html>

computer. Thank you._