[Openid-specs-fapi] FAPI certification testing for refresh tokens

Dave Tonge dave.tonge at momentumft.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 06:40:31 UTC 2019

I vote for option 3.

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 17:32, Joseph Heenan via Openid-specs-fapi <

> I don’t believe any UK banks support offline_access. I wonder if other
> ecosystems might.
>
> It sounds like you may be agreeing with me that either ‘3’ or ‘4’ would be
> acceptable options, is that fair?
>
> Thanks
>
> Joseph
>

> On 28 Jun 2019, at 16:21, Filip Skokan <panva.ip at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If the OP has a custom policy for deciding whether to issue a refresh
> token you can't always mandate they issue them to the tool which may not
> fall under that policy. The only thing testable for conformance and
> interoperability's sake would be if the server indicates offline_access
> scope and refresh_token grant type support, in which case you can mandate
> the tester whitelist this grant for the tested client and you can then test
> section 11 of Core.
>
> Going beyond this would be creating a profile of your own.
>
> S pozdravem,
> *Filip Skokan*
>

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 17:13, Joseph Heenan <joseph at authlete.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Filip,
>>
>> Refresh tokens in general.
>>
>> Specifically some/many UK banks issue them without scope=offline_access.
>> FAPI certification also doesn’t currently require the user info endpoint is
>> supported, though I believe core certification requires this.
>>
>> (I suspect the desire to issue refresh tokens is related to a desire to
>> not have to support revoking access tokens - i.e. that short lived access
>> tokens that can be refreshed mostly removes the need to ever revoke an
>> access token, but I could be wrong.)
>>
>> Joseph
>>

>> On 28 Jun 2019, at 15:41, Filip Skokan <panva.ip at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Joseph,
>>
>> can you clarify if you're talking about refresh tokens in general or the
>> scope offline_access + prompt consent condition of OIDC?
>>
>> S pozdravem,
>> *Filip Skokan*
>>

>> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 at 16:29, Joseph Heenan <joseph at authlete.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi FAPI WG,
>>>
>>> A question has arisen about exactly how refresh tokens should be tested
>>> in the FAPI-RW conformance suite (tests for this are currently being
>>> written, a suggestion Dave Tonge originally made as many banks in the UK
>>> ecosystem are able to issue refresh tokens, and I presume in some cases not
>>> correctly...).
>>>
>>> As support of refresh tokens is entirely optional in FAPI, the question
>>> is essentially: “what should happen if the AS doesn’t issue a refresh
>>> token?”
>>>
>>> The options seem to be:
>>>
>>> 1) The test is marked as passed (I’m not in favour of this option as it
>>> may well be that the tester has accidentally registered the clients without
>>> the refresh token grant)
>>>
>>> 2) The test fails if the discovery document indicates the server
>>> supports refresh tokens (on the grounds that it indicates that the client
> [...]

Dave Tonge
CTO
[image: Moneyhub Enterprise]
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fmoneyhubenterprise.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGUnR5opJv5S1uZOVg8aISwPKAv3A>
Moneyhub Financial Technology, 5th Floor, 10 Temple Back, Bristol, BS1 6FL
t: +44 (0)117 280 5120

Moneyhub Enterprise is a trading style of Moneyhub Financial Technology
Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
Authority ("FCA"). Moneyhub Financial Technology is entered on the
Financial Services Register (FRN 809360) at fca.org.uk/register.
Moneyhub Financial
Technology is registered in England & Wales, company registration number
06909772 .
Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited 2018 ©

DISCLAIMER: This email (including any attachments) is subject to copyright,
and the information in it is confidential. Use of this email or of any
information in it other than by the addressee is unauthorised and unlawful.
Whilst reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any attachments are
virus-free, it is the recipient's sole responsibility to scan all
attachments for viruses. All calls and emails to and from this company may
be monitored and recorded for legitimate purposes relating to this
company's business. Any opinions expressed in this email (or in any
attachments) are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the
opinions of Moneyhub Financial Technology Limited or of any other group
company.