[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #174: CIBA: End-user Identifiers (openid/fapi)

Dave Tonge issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed Sep 12 15:12:24 UTC 2018

New issue 174: CIBA: End-user Identifiers
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/174/ciba-end-user-identifiers

Dave Tonge:

CIBA uses the concept of a login_hint_token.

There is a mobile specific definition of this here:
https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-modrna-authentication-1_0.html#rfc.section.6

But we need a more generic definition - that can work in a banking context.

As Brian mentioned there is existing work in this area in the SECEVENTS working group at IETF:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-secevent-subject-identifiers-00

Perhaps we could utilise the above draft?

I'm opening this issue so that discussion can start while the core CIBA spec is being worked on.