[Openid-specs-fapi] UPI. Was: Discovery & PAYM

Suhas Chatekar suhas.chatekar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:23:52 UTC 2018

Though the apps are built by the banks, the banks are playing the role of a
PISP in PSD2 speak. There is nothing stopping a non-bank entity to build
and UPI app. Also, just because the App is built by one bank does not mean
you would be limited to interact with just that one bank. The backbone,
UPI, would enable you to send payments to any mobile number in India. It
does not matter which bank the recipient's bank account is.

I am expecting a similar play here in the UK. Banks will become AISP/PISP
and start offering value-added services, either via their website/app or by
building a separate App by utilising the PSD2/OB APIs. I would not shrug it
off by saying it's a bank-specific app. This all comes down to the desire
of the banks to utilise this new infrastructure to their best advantage.

Thanks
Suhas

On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 10:48 Anders Rundgren via Openid-specs-fapi <