[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #94: Consider solutions to developing economies using stored value (openid/fapi)

Tom Jones thomasclinganjones at gmail.com
Wed May 10 17:09:50 UTC 2017

The level one project is funded at a high level by the Gates Foundation. It
is currently focused on 8 countries in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. I
have spoken to the project manager about FAPI, but there seemed to be
little overlap at this point. I would like to see that change.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 2:22 AM, Nat Sakimura via Openid-specs-fapi <

> New issue 94: Consider solutions to developing economies using stored value
> https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/94/consider-
> solutions-to-developing-economies
>
> Nat Sakimura:
>
> * Tom raised an issue with FAPI solely concentrating on G20 economy on a
> April call that we need to start looking at developing economies. e.g.,
> countries with stored value on the phone like m-pesa.
> * https://leveloneproject.org/ has some API for such countries.
> * Nat pointed out that although our priority is on EU right now, we should
> get there eventually and plan that out.
>   He has much sympathy with those countries as he grew up in Kenya. Nat
> also has a connection with the CEO of Taqanu (https://www.taqanu.com/), a
> bank dealing with those market, so we could try to coordinate.

..tom