[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #94: Consider solutions to developing economies using stored value (openid/fapi)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Wed May 10 09:22:27 UTC 2017

New issue 94: Consider solutions to developing economies using stored value
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/94/consider-solutions-to-developing-economies

Nat Sakimura:

* Tom raised an issue with FAPI solely concentrating on G20 economy on a April call that we need to start looking at developing economies. e.g., countries with stored value on the phone like m-pesa.
* https://leveloneproject.org/ has some API for such countries.
* Nat pointed out that although our priority is on EU right now, we should get there eventually and plan that out.
  He has much sympathy with those countries as he grew up in Kenya. Nat also has a connection with the CEO of Taqanu (https://www.taqanu.com/), a bank dealing with those market, so we could try to coordinate.