[Openid-specs-fapi] Fwd: [OAUTH-WG] Call for Adoption: Mutual TLS Profiles for OAuth Clients

Tom Jones thomasclinganjones at gmail.com
Wed May 3 16:13:58 UTC 2017

I have tried to understand how this standard would help provide trust
between the client and the endpoint, but I just don't see it. I know that
trust is needed, particularly in the case of dynamic registration, but this
does not seem to help that in any obvious way.

..tomj

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 10:44 AM, John Bradley via Openid-specs-fapi <

> It would help if others chime in on the OAuth mailing list to request this
> be adopted.
>
> People saying they want to use it always helps focus people.
>
> Regards
> John B.
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *John Bradley <ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com>
> *Subject: **Re: [OAUTH-WG] Call for Adoption: Mutual TLS Profiles for
> OAuth Clients*
> *Date: *April 20, 2017 at 2:40:20 PM GMT-3
> *To: *Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig at gmx.net>
> *Cc: *"oauth at ietf.org" <oauth at ietf.org>
>
> I accept the adoption as a starting point.
>
> John B.
>
> On Apr 20, 2017, at 1:32 PM, Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofenig at gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> based on the strong support for this document at the Chicago IETF
> meeting we are issuing a call for adoption of the "Mutual TLS Profiles
> for OAuth Clients" document, see
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-campbell-oauth-mtls-01
>
> Please let us know by May 4th whether you accept / object to the
> adoption of this document as a starting point for work in the OAuth
> working group.
>
> Ciao
> Hannes & Rifaat

..tom