[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #83: Support for GET (openid/fapi)

Pamela Dingle issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 23 12:11:55 UTC 2017

New issue 83: Support for GET
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/83/support-for-get

Pamela Dingle:

Section 6.2.1 of the read-only spec says "shall support the use of the HTTP GET method defined in [RFC2616];" -- Did you mean the definition of GET specifically in section 9.3 of RFC 2616? If so, is the thing you are trying to mandate the use of conditional and partial GET?
 I *think* what this bullet is trying to mandate is that the resource server actually be a REST API, but the bullet as written sent me running off trying to read the entire spec to understand the requirement.

Could you simply say that the resource server "shall support the use of HTTP methods defined  in section 9 of [RFC2616]?    Or did you really need to require that every single resource server out there MUST under all circumstances support a GET method?