[Openid-specs-fapi] Issue #104: User friendly names and registration of providers (openid/fapi)

tomcjones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Jun 29 20:26:48 UTC 2017

New issue 104: User friendly names and registration of providers
https://bitbucket.org/openid/fapi/issues/104/user-friendly-names-and-registration-of

tomcjones:

At several places in OpenID implementations it has become clear that when provider registration occurs dynamically the counter-party is not left with any name of the other party to display to the user. Also in this case, and in the case of UK Open Banking, a requirement exists to know whether the counter-party is a member of the framework that is permitted to interact and share user data. I believe that a new document is in order to address both requirements. Since it is needed for fapi transactions I would suggest it be created in fapi. I have create a document for another body that could be used as a base set of requirements for such a doc.  https://wiki.idesg.org/wiki/index.php?title=Trust_Framework_Membership_Validation#Introduction

Responsible: Nat