[Openid-specs-fapi] API-ID's

Preibisch, Sascha H Sascha.Preibisch at ca.com
Tue Jul 19 20:52:59 UTC 2016

Hi!

The spec specifies error codes for API errors.

I am suggesting to also specify an API-ID for each specified API.

For example, the "/account" API could have an identifier such as "100000".

In error cases, an API would not only return the error code (e.g.: 701) but also the API-ID:

  *   error: 100000701 or 100000-701

That value could be used by a developer and search for it in the documentation. It would make debugging much easier.

As I have experienced, developers sometimes do not really know which API failed. Especially if they use libraries that call many API's at once.

I would like to know what others think about the idea.