[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Issue #1238: requesting sub claims of structured (openid/ekyc-ida)

tlodderstedt issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Sat Mar 13 12:13:55 UTC 2021

New issue 1238: requesting sub claims of structured
https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/issues/1238/requesting-sub-claims-of-structured

Torsten Lodderstedt:

We run into the problem that a client cannot express expectations regarding sub claims of structured claims, like address.

For example, some clients want street\_address, locality, postal\_code and country all to be present in the result in order to meet the needs of their use cases. However, some IDPs cannot provide the country. It would be great if we could utilize the new if\_unavailable field in such a case.

For some, the zip\_code might be sufficient and is privacy preserving. The way structured claims are requested today does not support this approach.

Bottomline: I see the need to

* explicitly request sub field in structured claims \(like we do it for verification sub fields\) and
* be able to express conditions, like if\_unavailable.

Examples for requesting sub claims:

```
{
    "userinfo": {