[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Salutation as a claim

Marcos Sanz sanz at denic.de
Thu Jan 30 08:51:19 UTC 2020

> Passports do not give a salutation, but do give gender and age - which
> allow the correct salutation to be derived in many languages.

Agree.

> Just to complicate matters, have you noticed how some 'woke' individuals
> specify their preferred pronoun when introducing themselves  So a
> transgender man (formerly a woman) might specify 'he', even when his
> passport shows female, while another individual might prefer to be vague
> about gender and be referred to as 'they', despite the apparent mistake
> between singular and plural. But this is all perhaps a step too far.

Yes, I noticed. But I don't understand if you are trying to imply with
it that "salutation" is something so individual, original and
underivable that should be stored as a claim at your IdP/Claims
Provider, regardless of whether it can be verified/attested or not.

Best,
Marcos

Dipl.-Ing. Marcos Sanz Grossón
Leiter Software Engineering

DENIC eG, Kaiserstraße 75 – 77, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, GERMANY
E-Mail: sanz at denic.de, Fon: +49 69 27235-0, Fax: -235
https://www.denic.de

Angaben nach §25a Absatz 1 GenG: DENIC eG (Sitz: Frankfurt am Main)
Vorstand: Martin Küchenthal, Andreas Musielak, Sebastian Röthler, Dr.
Jörg Schweiger
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Thomas Keller
Eingetragen unter Nr. 770 im Genossenschaftsregister, Amtsgericht
Frankfurt am Main