[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Salutation as a claim

Marcos Sanz sanz at denic.de
Wed Jan 29 16:15:04 UTC 2020

Hi all,

while talking about (or, better said, "only hearing")
https://bitbucket.org/openid/ekyc-ida/issues/1088/register-new-claims-in-oauth-jwt-claims
in today's call, the claim "salutation" got my attention.

I know it has been there from the beginning. I have been thinking about
it and am not sure why this should a claim in the sense of a
proved/verified/assured property of an natural person. Salutation might
depend on the gender, the language, the social context... even the time
of the day! I don't think we'll find an evidence document proving a
salutation.

I've seen lots of databases storing the salutation along with the
personal data of a person in order to make easy to write personalized
emails/letters, but that's completely another context. I'd love to hear
your thoughts about this before I open any issue in the tracker.

Best,
Marcos