[OpenID-Specs-eKYC-IDA] Feedback needed

Pål Axelsson pax at sunet.se
Thu Jan 16 16:46:34 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I subscribed to this list today due to that we're owrking with assurance
framework within our academic federation in Sweden. Today we uses SAML
and signal assurance certifications. When we start to use OpenID Connect
we want to be able to do that there to.

When I read the proposed standard earlier today I saw a large
enumeration in the working materials. I think this is a bad practice to
enumerate in the standard documentation due to these things tend to
change and then there will be a need to update the standard. The
enumeration should instead be in an external registry, for example IANA
registry over Level of Assurance (LoA) Profiles
(https://www.iana.org/assignments/loa-profiles/loa-profiles.xhtml).

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption.

Pål Axelsson