[Specs-cx] Multi-party contract

David García david.garcia at tractis.com
Tue May 11 06:50:39 UTC 2010

Hi Nara,

doing multilateral obligations with /Contract/Party/obligation/to fits for
me. It's kinda REST syntax.
This solution and the one proposed by Nat are both good if we define
wildcards on Nat's, because as Nara said the "any" wildcard would be very
useful.

Best regards

Dave

2010/5/11 nara hideki <hdknr at ic-tact.co.jp>

> H, Nat and David.
>
> I think that /Contract/Party/obligation seems to be better.
>
>  1.  easier to grasp stakeholders in a contract
>  2.  each party must sign the contract document and a signature
> element must be needed.
>  3.  an obligation could be 1 to N relations. Multiple
> /Contract/Party/obligation/to can be used.
>  4.  a party can owe multiple obligation to different parties in a
> contract.
>
> One thing we should think of  is  an obligation to "any party in contract".
> Although we can provide every obligation to each party, but a wildcard
> is quite useful especially when
> the number of parties are big.
>
>  ----
> hdknr
>
> 2010/5/7 David Garcia <david.garcia at tractis.com>:
> > +1 to the second one. I think it's more powerful on multilateral
> contracts,
> > because it allows to define party to party obligations with a fine grain
> > detail.
> > Best regards
> >
> > David Garcia
> > El 07/05/2010, a las 06:36, Nat Sakimura <sakimura at gmail.com> escribió:
> >
> > In the current draft, <obiligation> is an child element of <party>.
> However,
> > when we think about the multi-party scenario,
> > unless we specify the target that the party is obliged to, it would have
> no
> > meaning.
> > Thus, we would have two ways to implement it.
> > 1. destination as an attribute.
> > <obligation to="partyid">
> > 2. Flatten obligations.
> > <obligation from="partyaid" to="partybid">
> > Which do you think is better?
> > From the point of view of writing an application, the second option may
> be
> > easier.
> > --
> > Nat Sakimura (=nat)
> > http://www.sakimura.org/en/
> > http://twitter.com/_nat_en

David Garcia
CTO
Tractis - Online contracts you can enforce
http://www.tractis.com
Email: david.garcia at tractis.com
Skype: deiffbcn
Blog: http://blog.negonation.com