[Specs-cx] New Repository for CX specs / CX draft 1.6

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 08:42:56 UTC 2009

Hi All:

David set up the github repository a while ago for  OpenID specs.
The address for openid projects at github is as follows:

http://github.com/openid/

The repository address for CX is as follows:

http://github.com/openid/Contract-Exchange-Extension

We are still working on ReStructured Text format rather than RFC XML format
since it is easier to work with.
When things gets sufficiently settled, then we will produce the XML version.

To view the ReStructured Text source for the CX spec, see:

cx-doc/source/openid_cx_spec.rst

You need to open it in a text editor to view it.

There is an HTML version as well.

http://github.com/openid/Contract-Exchange-Extension/raw/master/cx-doc/build/html/openid_cx_spec.html

This is probably the easier way to view the document for you unless you are
editing the document.

The main changes between the previous one and this revision are as follows:

1. We now do not have <proposal> element, but will indicate proposal and
agreement by /Contract/Type.
2. New Template element is defined so that Human friendly text can be
created.
The value of Most element in the Contract can be substituted into the
template variables.
3. New TemplateURL element is defined. It has a particular form with
built-in hash.
It also indicates what kind of contract it is, and is to be advertised in
XRD/s.
4. New Param element is defined. One can define Type attribute to extend it
without extending XML schema.
5. As the Param Type, several of them are defined as MUST support. Among it,
axreq is the most
notable one, in which you can fit AX request in tag=value format, so at a
later date,
based on the contract, one can pull the data etc.
6. Pushed out AX 1.1 fetch parameter portion and Artifact Binding portion
out of this spec.
(I will post separate documents for them.)

I have not posted yet, but I will post remaining issues at github. Some
notable things:

a. Need to add cardinality to each elements.
b. Need to create XML Schema.

Any comments are welcome.

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)