[OIDFSC] Refreshing the OpenID specs council

Martin Atkins mart at degeneration.co.uk
Thu May 27 00:58:32 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 05:24 PM, Allen Tom wrote:
> I think John, Breno, and Joseph all would be fine additions to the specs
> council.
>
> Since Breno is a security expert, he would be a good choice to help
> drive security issues. Because of Joesph’s work at Plaxo, he definitely
> has a lot of experience with Auth APIs and services from a large number
> of providers.

While I certainly am not arguing that Breno shouldn't be on the specs
council, I don't think security expertise is a relevant consideration
here since it's primary purpose is to veto working groups based on
non-technical criteria, before technical work has begun.

Security experts make useful working group members, but this is not a
skill needed for specs council membership.