<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:"Cambria Math";
        panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:#0563C1;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="#0563C1" vlink="#954F72" style="word-wrap:break-word">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Spec Call Notes 10-May-21<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Mike Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Pamela Dingle<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Nat Sakimura<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tony Nadalin<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tobias Looker<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Adam Lemmon<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">David Waite (DW)<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Vittorio Bertocci<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Jeremie Miller<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Kristina Yasuda<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tim Cappalli<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Tom Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Edmund Jay<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Brian Campbell<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">OpenID Connect for W3C Verifiable Credential Objects<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20210505/a198527a/attachment-0001.pdf">
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20210505/a198527a/attachment-0001.pdf</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              The SIOP special call unanimously recommended adoption as a working group document<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There was a discussion of the call for adoption last week<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/wiki/Connect_Meeting_Notes_2021-05-06_Atlantic">
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/wiki/Connect_Meeting_Notes_2021-05-06_Atlantic</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Nat made a call for adoption<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           See <a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1229/adoption-of-the-openid-connect-for-w3c">
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1229/adoption-of-the-openid-connect-for-w3c</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           There's been discussion on the list but no comments in the issue yet<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There's been a terminology discussion on the terms "claim" and "credential"<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Use of the term "credential" in the W3C spec conflicts with its use in Connect<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Daniel Buchner filed a related issue requesting use of Presentation Exchange<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1230/adopt-presentation-exchange-as-an">
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1230/adopt-presentation-exchange-as-an</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Kristina said that there would need to be an OpenID Connect profile of it to use it interoperably<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina wrote a note explaining the relationships of the draft to other existing specifications<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                            <a href="http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/2021-May/008259.html">
http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/2021-May/008259.html</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Nat also discussed the relationship to the Claims Aggregation draft<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           <a href="https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-claims-aggregation-1_0.html">
https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-claims-aggregation-1_0.html</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Tony doesn't like there potentially being multiple ways to do claims aggregation<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Tobias share's Tony's concern<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Tony would like to see unification with the Claims Aggregation draft<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Jeremie talked about presenting proofs that you have a set of claims<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He sees that as being different than Claims Aggregation<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Tobias said that sometimes you need to request and obtain binding information for Verifiable Presentations<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina said that SIOP doesn't have endpoints to enable negotiation, so an extension would be needed<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Mike spoke in favor of adoption<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He said that there's consensus for defining mechanisms for requesting and receiving Verifiable Presentations<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           This draft is the result of a few months of discussion on doing this<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He said that this seems like a reasonable starting point<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He also expressed a preference for doing the work in the working group, with IPR protections<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Nat said that this would be harmonized with the Claims Aggregation work<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Nat said that we'd need to wait until next Thursday to formally adopt the draft<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Tony asked whether we couldn't just not do this and use Presentation Exchange instead<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Tom said that Presentation Exchange does define some protocol behaviors<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           Mike said that we should also be aligning with use of the existing "claims" request parameter<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         Such as how it's used by OpenID Connect for Identity Assurance<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina said that W3C Verifiable Credential Objects could add support for Presentation Exchange as an option<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Kristina explained that the scope of this draft is greater than SIOP, since it could be used with third party OPs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Browser Interactions Call Report<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Tim reported that some progress is slowly happening<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Heather Flanagan's workshop should be scheduled soon but it isn't finalized yet<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           The target dates are May 25th and 26th<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There was a discussion on possibly tagging cookies as being session cookies<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There's a SAML logout use case being written<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Vittorio reported that there's been discussions on lessons learned from the Mozilla Persona experience<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He said that he doesn't see how browsers can expect the server-heavy flows to stop happening<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           He said that a possible principle is that the browser can't be in the middle of all identity interactions<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">OpenID Connect Federation<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Roland Hedberg has made the changes requested and the implementers have signed off on them<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Mike will review and publish a new draft<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              This will probably be the basis of the next Implementer's Draft vote<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">The new OIDF Executive Director Gail Hodges started on May 1st<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://openid.net/2021/04/28/welcoming-gail-hodges-as-our-new-executive-director/">
https://openid.net/2021/04/28/welcoming-gail-hodges-as-our-new-executive-director/</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">OAuth Interim Call on HTTP Signing<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Nat reported that Justin Richer gave a status report on the HTTP signing work<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              There was an agreement that new OAuth HTTP signing work would need a new call for adoption<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           This would be a profile of the signing work in the HTTP working group<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                         <a href="https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-message-signatures">
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-message-signatures</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2021-oauth-10/materials/slides-interim-2021-oauth-10-sessa-http-message-signing-00">
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/interim-2021-oauth-10/materials/slides-interim-2021-oauth-10-sessa-http-message-signing-00</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              Tobias reported that the signed HTTP elements would be canonicalized before signing<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              DW reported that they are planning to reuse JOSE algorithms<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                           They provide a key ID but not an algorithm<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Open Issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              <a href="https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open">
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open</a><o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              We ran out of time to get to this<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Next Calls<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">              The next regular Connect call is scheduled for Monday, May 17th at 4pm Pacific Time<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>