<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="blue" vlink="purple">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Spec call notes 26-Sep-13<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Mike Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">John Bradley<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Justin Richer<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Roland Hedberg<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">George Fletcher<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Edmund Jay<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Nat Sakimura<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Agenda:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Pre-IIW Meeting<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Pre-IETF 88 Meeting<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Open Issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Interop<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Implementation of JavaScript apps<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Document Restructuring<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Pre-IIW Meeting:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Registrations are open at http://openid-wg-oct-2013.eventbrite.com/<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               We currently have 19registrations<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               The agenda includes Account Chooser, OpenID Connect, and Native Applications<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Pre-IETF 88 Meeting:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Karen O'Donoghue has a room for OAuth interop the Sunday before IETF 88<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               John is still working on determining when our time block will be<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               The MIT OAuth interop was cancelled<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Interop planning discussions will be happening
<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               John doesn't think that there will be registration<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Mike mentioned the OAuth survey that he took, which identified several profiles other than UMA and OpenID Connect<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Open Issues:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Two new issues:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               #875 - Registration: Parameter for specifying the preferred JWS alg for JWT-based client auth?<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Justin supplied language<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              We agreed to do this<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              John will add language about the semantics when this parameter is not used<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               #876 - Google "iss" value missing https://<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              We discussed two alternatives:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                             Warning people that Google is non-compliant, but not changing the spec<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                             Allowing the https:// to be omitted, which slightly complicates clients<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              We agreed that more discussion on this topic is needed<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               There are now 16 open issues in the tracker<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               #864 - Native Client code leakage<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              John and Breno talked about this<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Breno wants to just make the proof of possession secret a string<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                             He doesn't like the hash or HMAC way of doing it<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Breno suggested another call to the token endpoint<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                             That would avoid either side having to do crypto<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Nat will make some revisions to his proposal<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               #863 - Stateless dynamic registration<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              John and Breno talked about this<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Breno understands how he could do stateless dynamic registration<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                             He will think about it for a few days and get back to John<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Breno also said that their session management implementation may have differences<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              It's all wrapped up in the Google Identity Toolkit<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Breno will investigate<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               #872 - Opbs is unclear<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Nat still needs to follow up with Breno for a clarification<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Interop:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               We still don't know of any Session Management interop that's occurred<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               John suggested that we might want to have Google add AAD support to GITKIT<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Including session management<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Edmund expects to have his session management code ready for testing today<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Roland may be able to look at it in the next few days<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Roland has been working on updating his RP code<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              In a way that would allow JavaScript login pages to be used<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Implementation of JavaScript apps:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Mike asked how people are doing signature validation in JavaScript only RPs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               John said that the client has a direct https connection to the Authorization Endpoint<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              If you trust the https, then you're probably OK without checking the signature<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              Justin said that if you pass the token on to another party, you'd still need to check the signature<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Mike said that apparently Facebook and Google have introspection endpoints for this case<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              John commented that they may not actually be adding much value<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Document Restructuring:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               Mike finished the request and request_uri merger from Messages and Standard<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                              The result is released as http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0-12.html<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">               The next step is reordering the content along the lines of Nat's draft<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>