<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
        {font-family:Calibri;
        panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
        {margin:0in;
        margin-bottom:.0001pt;
        font-size:11.0pt;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:blue;
        text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>
<body lang="EN-US" link="blue" vlink="purple">
<div class="WordSection1">
<p class="MsoNormal">Spec call notes 15-Oct-12<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Mike Jones<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Nat Sakimura<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Edmund Jay<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">John Bradley<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Pamela Dingle<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Agenda:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Pending JOSE release<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                WebFinger<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Potential SWD changes<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Self-Issued OPs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Mobile phone application<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Interop<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Editing<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Open Issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Connect Meeting before IIW<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                OpenID Meeting at IETF<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Pending JOSE release:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Mike reviewed the pending JOSE changes<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                He plans to release new versions in the next 24 hours<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">WebFinger:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Mike has seen a draft the removes XML support to a non-normative appendix<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                It should be released before Monday's deadline<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Potential SWD changes:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Do we want to do a release a SWD draft that removes the JSON redirect and adds a host prefix?<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                Let's talk about this on Monday - especially with Google<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Self-Issued OPs:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Jun is hitting an issue having to do with a change of iOS versions<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                TestFlight allows limited distribution<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                We probably want to require them to have an RP implementation supporting self-issued OPs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Nat reports that Axel is making progress on an Android implementation<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Apparently Axel and Jun are testing with Jun's RP, which supports self-issued OPs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Mobile phone application:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Pam is modifying Ping's test application to let it be used in a more generic way<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                She will try to have a version for people to use by Monday<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Interop:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Nov had pointed out a certificate problem and Roland seems to have addressed it<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Edmund tried Roland's new updates for the RP tests<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                They seem to be working now<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Editing:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Nat plans to do his edits tomorrow<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Mike plans to do the OpenID Connect changes corresponding to the JOSE updates this week as well<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                Nat pointed us to this wiki page about MTI features: https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/wiki/MTIs<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Open Issues:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                There were no new issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                At IIW, we should go through the deferred issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                Nat wants us to talk about MTI features for the server - issue #604<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                Currently it is everything in Basic plus the OpenID Request Object<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                If an OP has claims and they are requested via the request object, they need to be returned<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                JWS is mandatory, JWE is optional<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">Connect Meeting before IIW:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                http://connect-wg-oct-2012.eventbrite.com/<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                We need to talk about MTI there<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                We should get an update on Session Management<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                                Mike sent a request for this to Naveen and Breno<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                We should talk about on-behalf-of<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                And other major open issues<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">OpenID Meeting at IETF:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                http://connect-ietf-85.eventbrite.com/<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class="MsoNormal">                We don't know which room we have yet<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</body>
</html>