[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 8-Jun-20

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Jun 8 23:29:19 UTC 2020

Spec Call Notes 8-Jun-20

Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
Tom Jones
Bjorn Hjelm
Ashely?

Virtual meeting for Self-Issued Identity Provider implementations
              Respond at https://forms.gle/HEyHGQHcxU6xmXxUA
              Refresh the form if it doesn't let you answer "No" to "I have a SIOP implementation"
              Nat has 20 responses at present

OAuth JAR
              https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq
              Nat filed several issues related to OAuth JAR
              Nat will respond to Brock
              Mike asked whether we aren't actually trying to require a signed request object
                           We agreed that "alg":"none" isn't what's intended
                           The metadata name should be require_signed_request_object
                           The metadata description should say that "none" can't be used to satisfy this
              Then Nat will have Ben Kaduk move the draft forward

Open Issues
              https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open
              #1171 Creating a way to mandate Request Object (by value or by reference)
                           Commented per OAuth JAR notes above and assigned to Nat

Call Calendar
              Nat will send a calendar update to refresh this call in people's calendars

Next Call
              The next working group call is Thursday, June 18 at 7am Pacific Time