[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 7-Nov-19

Joseph Heenan joseph at authlete.com
Fri Nov 8 17:33:46 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

Re:
> Losing BitBucket Mercurial Repositories
>               https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket <https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket>
>               The working group needs to develop a migration plan to preserve as much of the history as possible

There’s someone working on a tool that I think will assist with migrating bitbucket hg -> GitHub git: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-articles/What-to-do-with-your-Mercurial-repos-when-Bitbucket-sunsets/bc-p/1219690#M452

The tool will convert issues & pull request into static pages hosted on GitHub pages, which means all the historical conversations will be preserved, so I’d recommend going with that option once the tool is available. I can probably help with doing the conversion, though others may well have time available sooner than I do.

(This affects at least the MODRNA working group too.)

Joseph