[Openid-specs-ab] Spec Call Notes 7-Nov-19

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Nov 7 16:25:57 UTC 2019

Spec Call Notes 7-Nov-19

Nat Sakimura
Torsten Lodderstedt
Filip Skokan
Marcos Sanz
Mike Jones
Roland Hedberg

Call Time
              There was confusion about the call time
              It should be scheduled for 7-8am Pacific Time but was wrong in the calendar, leading some to join an hour early
              Nat has now fixed this

OpenID Connect for Identity Proofing
              Voting is under way at https://openid.net/foundation/members/polls/191
              We still need more participation - PLEASE VOTE NOW!

New Proposed Working Group
              eKYC and Identity Assurance WG
              Torsten plans to propose this to the specs council after the Implementer's Draft is approved
              This would continue the OpenID Connect for Identity Proofing work
              We expect additional participation to result from the formation of this working group

Federation
              We're about to publish -10 addressing more review comments from Marcos Sanz
              Then we'll start the Implementer's Draft review

IETF
              IETF 106 in Singapore is in 1.5 weeks
              Keep OAuth JAR moving forward
              Participate in HTTP Request Signing discussions
              OAuth Security BCP currently in Working Group Last Call

Losing BitBucket Mercurial Repositories
              https://bitbucket.org/blog/sunsetting-mercurial-support-in-bitbucket
              The working group needs to develop a migration plan to preserve as much of the history as possible
              Mike plans to finish the errata process and the logout specs before June 1, 2020

Open Issues
              https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open
              #1125 *_hash algorithm for EdDSA ID Tokens?
                           We will discuss this in person at IETF in 1.5 weeks

Next Call
              The next call is Monday, Nov 11 at 3pm Pacific Time