[Openid-specs-ab] Review of openid-connect-unmet-authentication-requirements-1_0-00

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Tue Jun 11 16:04:59 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

> On 1. Jun 2019, at 05:50, Mike Jones <Michael.Jones at microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> I read https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-unmet-authentication-requirements-1_0-00.html cover-to-cover.  My review comments follow.

Thanks a lot!

> Document title:  Add draft number.
>
> Document identifier:  Change from “openid-connect-core-unmet-authentication-requirements-1_0” to  “openid-connect-unmet-authentication-requirements-1_0”.

Why should the identifier be changed? This draft complements OIDC Core with a (missing) error definition. The error code shall be used with the OIDC Authentication Response.

> 1. Authentication Error Definition: Add a reference to RFC 6749 to the first use of “OAuth 2.0”.

Added a reference to the first paragraph of Section 1.

> 1. Authentication Error Definition: Add a reference to [OpenID.Core] to the first use of “OpenID Connect Core”.

The first use in the main text has this reference. Moving it upward would mean to add a reference to the Abstract (which even OIDC Core does not do).

> 1. Authentication Error Definition: Change “imposed by the Relying Party regarding” to “of the Relying Party for”.  It will read more naturally that way.

done

> 1. Authentication Error Definition: Add a comma before “if appropriate”.

done

> 3.  Normative References: Add the URL https://www.iana.org/assignments/oauth-parameters/oauth-parameters.xhtml to the OAuth Parameters Registry reference.

done

> 3.  Normative References: Replace the OpenID.Core reference with:
>       <reference anchor="OpenID.Core">
>         <front>
>           <title>OpenID Connect Core 1.0</title>
>
>           <author fullname="Nat Sakimura" initials="N." surname="Sakimura">
>             <organization abbrev="NRI">Nomura Research Institute, Ltd.</organization>
>           </author>
>
>           <author fullname="John Bradley" initials="J." surname="Bradley">
>             <organization abbrev="Ping Identity">Ping Identity</organization>
>           </author>
>
>           <author fullname="Michael B. Jones" initials="M.B." surname="Jones">
>             <organization abbrev="Microsoft">Microsoft</organization>
>           </author>
>
>           <author fullname="Breno de Medeiros" initials="B." surname="de Medeiros">
>             <organization abbrev="Google">Google</organization>
>           </author>
>
>                 <author fullname="Chuck Mortimore" initials="C." surname="Mortimore">
>                   <organization abbrev="Salesforce">Salesforce</organization>
>                 </author>
>
>           <date day="8" month="November" year="2014"/>
>         </front>
>
>               <format target="http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html"
>                 type="HTML" />
>       </reference>

Replaced the old reference. Note: I had to add a target element, otherwise the a element created by xml2rfc did not contain a URL in the href sub-element.

> Acknowledgments:  Change “Mike Jones” to “Michael B. Jones”.

done

> Document History:  The version you are identifying as -01 was published as working group version -00.  Please amend the history accordingly.

done

kind regards,
Torsten.