[Openid-specs-ab] ID Tokens and the client_credentials flow

thomasclinganjones at gmail.com thomasclinganjones at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 19:26:00 UTC 2019

It sounds like your are saying that the client in the user device has permission to sign with the user’s private key?
That would imply to me that the client was the user?
Not sure how OpenID connect fits into the picture in that case.

If the OP asks the user to sign something for it, then I presume that would be part of the consent process?

It always concerns me from a security perspective when services that are not part of the user are allowed to sign something as the user. That is impersonation, which seems to be absent in the OpenID specs, although I am not fully conversant with all of them. I know that other implementers have added impersonation to otherwise OIDC implementations even tho it seems to be missing from the specs.

thx ..tom