[Openid-specs-ab] Marketing OpenID: combatting negativity

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Sun Jan 27 12:02:39 UTC 2019

I think to go head-to-head with the negative OpenID press, we need to
market a message something to the effect of:

"Using OpenID is great fun, and it solves real problems for developers."

You can't combat negativivity with a message of: "the detractors have a
point".

We have the brain trust in this community to get that message out. If
everyone wrote one blog, and we all cross-promote on social media (i.e.
more of what Nat is doing so brilliantly on Youtube...), I think we
could make a dent in perceptions. Especially if we tap into the
corporate marketing cabailities of our respective organizations.

- Mike

Michael Schwartz
Gluu
Founder / CEO