[Openid-specs-ab] Issue #1051: The role of non-standard scopes (openid/connect)

Roland Hedberg issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Sep 24 18:32:48 UTC 2018

New issue 1051: The role of non-standard scopes
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues/1051/the-role-of-non-standard-scopes

Roland  Hedberg:

Everyone that has worked with OIDC has assumed that there will be non-standard claims added to the userinfo response. Together with this it's reasonable to assumed that we will also seen non-standard scope values that like some of the standard ones (profile, email, ..) can be used to request that a specific set of information should be available as Claim Values.

With that in mind the sentence 'Using the claims parameter is the only way to request Claims outside the standard set.' at the end of section 5.5 is obviously incorrect.

I think that sentence should just be removed.