[Openid-specs-ab] Comments on Solberg JWT Federation

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 16 15:26:37 UTC 2018

Thanks for writing, Steffen.  For what it's worth, mobile applications were one of the design points for OpenID Connect.  Connect is widely used for authenticating mobile applications, both on Android and iOS (often using the AppAuth libraries supported by this working group).

At least as a thought experiment, it would seem to me that since banks are somehow able to trust their mobile applications sufficiently to let their customers perform financial transactions with them, that surely we should be able to trust some mobile applications sufficiently to let them participate in federations.

I'd encourage people who are experts in using Connect with mobile applications to also weigh in on how to enable them in federations.

				Best wishes,
				-- Mike