[Openid-specs-ab] ABSTAIN on the vote to approve Implementer’s Draft of OpenID Connect Federation Specification

Phil Hunt phil.hunt at oracle.com
Tue Jul 31 18:44:28 UTC 2018

Mike

The issue is checking back with an issue submitter whether their concern was resolved. Too often it feels like “Your concern was heard and we do not agree and have ignored it”. This seems to fly in the face of building consensus from the issuers perspective.

You have also stated to me that the IPR vote has nothing to do with the evolution/consensus of the spec except legal standing to implement. But then why did you just presume consensus with with a 100% vote to implement?

This is why I have asked many times for more work on specs that seem to lack consensus before the IPR vote. For example backchannel was voter yes against my concerns.

This process has been negative for newcomers and Mike S’s concerns were well founded in my experience.

My point in commenting here is to improve OpenId process.

As a corporate employee member I cannot vote. In the absence of consensus calls I effectively have no say in the spec process and am strongly demotivated by OIDF practices from contributing.

Phil