[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 8-Jan-18

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 8 23:35:12 UTC 2018

Spec call notes 8-Jan-18

Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
Edmund Jay
Rich Levinson

Agenda
              Open Issues
              Errata
              Federation Specification
              Certification
              Upcoming Events
              Board Elections
              Next Call

Open Issues
              https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issues?status=new&status=open
              No new issues have been filed

Errata
              The OAuth Authorization Server Metadata spec will be on the IESG telechat on Thursday, January 25th
              The Discovery errata will then register all the OP metadata values not already in the AS metadata spec

Federation Specification
              Mike is doing some cleanups to the wording and some parameter names
              There is a federation tools workshop among European academic federation operators this week in Amsterdam
              https://wiki.geant.org/display/gn42jra3/Federations+Tools+for+OIDCfed+-+Design+Workshop+-+January+2018
                           Roland Hedberg is participating

Certification
              The Form Post Response Mode profile is in the process of being released
                           At first, it will be in pilot mode for people to test the tests

Upcoming Events
              There is an OIDF/OIBE meeting being organized in London on January 30th
              Nat will be speaking at the API Days conference in Paris on January 30th and 31st
              OAuth Security Workshop, March 14-16, 2018, Trento, Italy https://st.fbk.eu/osw2018
              IETF 101 in London, March 17-23, 2018 https://www.ietf.org/meeting/101
              IIW is April 3-5 www.internetidentityworkshop.com/ - with there probably being an OpenID workshop before that

Board Elections
              Board elections are under way
                           See https://openid.net/2018/01/04/announcing-the-2018-openid-foundation-individual-community-board-member-election/
              George Fletcher's individual board member term will be up
              Ashish Jain's corporate board member term will be up
              Nominations for both individual and corporate candidates are currently open

Next Call
              Our next call is scheduled for 7am Thursday January 18th at 7am Pacific Time
              Phil Hunt had requested that we try to create meeting agendas in advance
                           We will try to do this for the next meeting