[Openid-specs-ab] Relying Party libraries

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Thu Sep 14 14:58:35 UTC 2017

I've run into a few things over the last year rolling out OpenID Connect
within the enterprise for our B2B partners. I see the RP dev work
falling into three main areas...

1. Code to implement the spec and it's best practice
2. Securely managing client_id "secrets" whether private key or shared
secret
3. Securely managing returned tokens

There are many libraries that handle #1 but I haven't seen code that
addresses items 2 and 3. Any recommendations or interest in items 2 and 3?

On the working group call today, we talked about two architectures to
help RPs. One is more of a "gateway" model where the gateway does all
the OIDC work and then passes the necessary data down stream to the RP.
This could be a service so that RP has no deployment work. The other
model is more of a module deployed by the RP that handles items 1-3 on
the RPs behalf.

Thanks,
George