[Openid-specs-ab] RP Tests: ID Token signature validation for code flow

Dominick Baier dbaier at leastprivilege.com
Wed May 3 18:34:43 UTC 2017

Hi Roland,

OK - I am happy to do give that a try. I also like the idea.

-------
Dominick Baier

On 3. May 2017 at 17:47:29, Roland Hedberg (roland at catalogix.se) wrote:

Dominick,

as I said in a discussion with William the other day. I’m not sure there
will be a performance issue if you where to run
against the OIDF test server. Most of things happening are network based
events so the load on the machine is minor.
The only thing we might have a problem with is the size of the log files vs
the available disc space.
But rotating the logs should take care of that.
Now, there are reasons why you may want to this locally and as Hans wrote
in another mail he’s working on making that easier.
The bottom line being that there is absolutely no reason why you wouldn’t
include the test suite into your continues-integration pipeline :-) :-)

3 maj 2017 kl. 07:46 skrev Dominick Baier via Openid-specs-ab <
openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net>:

> Incidentally, one of the cool things about how we implemented these tests
in AppAuth, is that we actually *built them into our continuous-integration
testing pipeline*.

I thought about this too - but I actually didn’t want to produce load all
the time I am doing a check-in into the repo. I added a test runner to the
source code, so anyone can manually start the tests when needed.

-------
Dominick Baier

On 1. May 2017 at 18:55:08, William Denniss via Openid-specs-ab (
openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net) wrote:

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk in Chicago on this topic Mike, my trip
was all too brief. I'll be around this week though, hopefully we can
discuss this with the relevant parties.

As of yesterday, AppAuth for iOS and macOS is now passing
<https://github.com/openid/AppAuth-iOS/pull/101> all but those 4 signature
verification tests in the "code" profile. I'm preparing the certification
packet, once we have a final decision on the optionality of those tests,
I'm hoping to certify.

Incidentally, one of the cool things about how we implemented these tests
in AppAuth, is that we actually *built them into our continuous-integration
testing pipeline*. The conformance tests run alongside our unit tests for
every release, and every git push. The certification log output is
automatic too, meaning anyone can run the certification tests and produce
the same output at the click of a button.

I think this is a huge value-add for the RP certification program.
Previously we only had unit tests in the library, no end-to-end tests due
to the fact we didn't have an OP with interaction-less responses that we
could use for automated testing. The RP certification program has made this
available, and by using it, our test coverage is vastly improved.

Thank you Roland, Mike, the Foundation and everyone who is working on this,
it's a very valuable effort!

Best,
William