[Openid-specs-ab] RP Tests: ID Token signature validation for code flow

Dominick Baier dbaier at leastprivilege.com
Wed May 3 14:46:29 UTC 2017

> Incidentally, one of the cool things about how we implemented these tests
in AppAuth, is that we actually *built them into our continuous-integration
testing pipeline*.

I thought about this too - but I actually didn’t want to produce load all
the time I am doing a check-in into the repo. I added a test runner to the
source code, so anyone can manually start the tests when needed.

-------
Dominick Baier

On 1. May 2017 at 18:55:08, William Denniss via Openid-specs-ab (
openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net) wrote:

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk in Chicago on this topic Mike, my trip
was all too brief. I'll be around this week though, hopefully we can
discuss this with the relevant parties.

As of yesterday, AppAuth for iOS and macOS is now passing
<https://github.com/openid/AppAuth-iOS/pull/101> all but those 4 signature
verification tests in the "code" profile. I'm preparing the certification
packet, once we have a final decision on the optionality of those tests,
I'm hoping to certify.

Incidentally, one of the cool things about how we implemented these tests
in AppAuth, is that we actually *built them into our continuous-integration
testing pipeline*. The conformance tests run alongside our unit tests for
every release, and every git push. The certification log output is
automatic too, meaning anyone can run the certification tests and produce
the same output at the click of a button.

I think this is a huge value-add for the RP certification program.
Previously we only had unit tests in the library, no end-to-end tests due
to the fact we didn't have an OP with interaction-less responses that we
could use for automated testing. The RP certification program has made this
available, and by using it, our test coverage is vastly improved.

Thank you Roland, Mike, the Foundation and everyone who is working on this,
it's a very valuable effort!

Best,
William