[Openid-specs-ab] Do we need to change the self issued provider scheme?

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Sat Mar 25 20:55:04 UTC 2017

My initial take on this is that given that OpenID Connect Core was finalized in 2014, before any of this new guidance was in place, it shouldn’t be affected, given there’s not an actual security issue at stake.  The BCP is just that – best practices, not normative requirements – and the fact that a scheme was already in use before the guidance was drafted that doesn’t somehow make the use of that scheme invalid.

That said, I’d be glad to talk with people about it this week and hear other’s views.

                                                       -- Mike