[Openid-specs-ab] AppAuth Fork

Mike Schwartz mike at gluu.org
Tue Jan 10 14:58:26 UTC 2017

OpenID Connect Mobile Gurus,

Gluu has forked AppAuth:
   https://github.com/GluuFederation/AppAuth-Android

We added id_token validation and logout.

Also, much of the stuff in OIDF AppAuth project is Google specific. We
changed it to be more OpenID Connect generic. For example, compare:

https://github.com/GluuFederation/AppAuth-Android/blob/master/app/res/values/idp_configs.xml

and

https://github.com/openid/AppAuth-Android/blob/master/app/res/values/idp_configs.xml

We will not submit a pull request to merge the changes upstream. It's
too much work right now, and we're busy trying to ship Gluu Server 3.0.
If the anyone wants to collaborate with us to make this happen, please
let me know.

Subsequently, we will also work on similar changes in the iOS-AppAuth
library.

- Mike

Michael Schwartz
Gluu