[Openid-specs-ab] optional vs mandatory tests in OP certification suite

Prateek Mishra Prateek.Mishra at oracle.com
Thu Dec 15 00:10:31 UTC 2016

Our development team is looking for a list of mandatory tests for OP certification. Our understanding is that its only necessary to successfully pass these tests to obtain OP certification.

As far as we can determine, the individual test traces themselves do not include this information (e.g. an OPTIONAL flag).

Upon reviewing  “OpenID Connect Conformance Profiles V2.0- Dec 5, 2016” we do not find any explicit guidance on this issue. We do see some “color coding” in the document but its meaning its not defined within the document.

Is this information available from some other source?

Thanks,
prateek