[Openid-specs-ab] RP Test Tools Testers

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 1 16:42:04 UTC 2016

Replies inline below…

                                                       -- Mike

From: Openid-specs-ab [mailto:openid-specs-ab-bounces at lists.openid.net] On Behalf Of Filip via Openid-specs-ab
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 12:33 AM
To: Mike Schwartz <mike at gluu.org>
Cc: openid-specs-ab at lists.openid.net
Subject: Re: [Openid-specs-ab] RP Test Tools Testers

4) What's the stance on certification fees for open-sourced libraries offering generic RP (and OP for that matter) implementations, i.e. pyOIDC, phpOIDC and node's oidc-provider or openid-client? They are not really 'deployments' but still potentially conformant implementations.

Right now, while we’re testing the RP Certification tests, there are no fees for members who are testing the tests.  The launch certifications are open to all members and are free.  We are aiming to have launch certifications of RP libraries at the Internet Identity Workshop http://internetidentityworkshop.com/ at the end of October.

To your point about libraries and deployments – the RP Certification tests test libraries, but they must of course, be deployed to be tested.
Best,
Filip