[Openid-specs-ab] Behaviour of OIDC 'prompt=none' when logged in

Hasanthi Purnima Dissanayake hasanthi at wso2.com
Tue Jul 19 09:25:09 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for the response. According to our current implementation if 6 was
happening without prompt=none it shows the page to the user asking for
consent.

When we are running OIDC compliance tests for basic profile the test case
'Request with prompt=none when logged in' (OP-Prompt-none-Loggedin) fails
if we provide 'approve' as the consent in step 5 with the error
"consent_required". But if we provide 'approve_always' it passes and after
if we don't use prompt=consent for this application it wont display user
consent page again after authorization.

So AFAIU the behavior of the server with consent should be implementation
specific. So we can use the consent 'approve_always' instead of 'approve'
in this test case. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Hasanthi Dissanayake

Software Engineer | WSO2

E: hasanthi at wso2.com