[Openid-specs-ab] Syntax for requesting an element of a structured claim, such as "country"

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 15 05:45:41 UTC 2016

Dear OpenID Connect working group,

We have a use case in which we'd like to specifically request particular elements of a structured claim.  Recall, for instance, that "country" is an element of the "address" claim.  What would be the right syntax be to request "country"?

One way to get "country" as an essential claim and "postal_code" as a voluntary claim using a "claims" request value might look like this:

{
   "id_token":
   {
       "address": {"country": {"essential": true},
                   "postal_code": null}
   }
}

Does that look right to you or would you suggest a different syntax?