[Openid-specs-ab] Interest in OpenID waning

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 13:42:44 UTC 2016

The big mountain in the graph is related to this:

http://techcrunch.com/2008/02/07/openid-welcomes-microsoft-google-verisign-and-ibm/

Throughout 2008, many non-tech magazines also run articles on OpenID. That
contributed for non-tech people search for "OpenID".

The search came from Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc. It was pretty
international.
Then in 2009, Facebook connect came along and took off. People's interest
shifted towards that.
In 2011, OAuth also came along.

OpenID Connect is not searched anywhere but in Japan and the US.
We probably should do more promotion internationally.

Thanks for pointing out.

Nat